Yay!
I did it!
I got a promotion!
Unbelievable but true. I now have an office (gasp) along with a ton of new responsibilities. What am I going to do?
Drink.
Why?
Because it's easy.
I'm nervous.
Work was the only thing in my life that was easy, stable - a safe zone (my previous safe zone was my bedroom, but for reasons unnamed, but begin with an "M" it's no longer a haven - it's a crash zone). Now I had to go and mix it all up - nothing is "easy" anymore.
And I have mixed emotions.
Why not?
New responsibilities are always exciting - I love being challenged. But seriously, doesn't an 11 month old challenge you enough? Yes, it does. Doesn't my husband challenge me enough? Seriously, do I really need to answer that? And what about my health - nuff said.
BUT....
There is the ever exciting 0.18/hr raise
The OFFICE, complete with not one but 2 set of windows, overlooking the scenic Hartford street corners where drug deals are more common than cars driving by, and the parole office parking lot...
A new excuse to go shopping! Can't exactly wear jeans and sneakers anymore (well, at least not 4 days a week).
All in all I'm psyched - I'm in a good spot. Looking forward to seeing what this brings..
Besides the 0.18/hr raise...
1 comment:
Go you!!!!!!!! A raise is a raise! : ) Congrats!!
Post a Comment