Monday, March 22, 2010

Slacker and inspiration

So I've been away... yup... away...
But I'm back! I hope... to stay...
I've been inspired by all of my good blogging friends to start writing again. It's therapeutic..

Congratulations to all the new moms, and expecting moms out there! M has so many new friends to play with. I hope this summer brings many of us together. It will be nice to enjoy the good weather with so many new little ones!

This weekend was absolutely beautiful - on Friday, before the stomach bug took hold of my family, I was able to enjoy the outlets with M and S. As I sat on the bench outside of the stores, feeding M puffs and watching his light hair blow gently in the breeze, I began to tell S about how this day reminded me of those UMASS days that came in early April, when the girls would sit outside of Southwest in their bikini tops pretending to read their books. I remember convincing my TBS sisters and my roomies to skip class in order to sit outside and enjoy this weather...getting a smoothie or coffee and sitting outside of Old Chapel on the stairs. Frisbee's flying, footballs aloof... what a great time. I LOVED every minute of it - although my grades tended to take a dive in the Spring Semester, but I digress... I loved the cool mornings, and then the warm afternoons, sitting with good friends...watching the world go by. In hindsight life seemed so simple...compared to today's responsibilities and stressors. It was nice to have some nostalgia - if only I could have had a Bueno Y Sano Burrito to go with it!

1 comment:

Ripe for Reading said...

Oh, to be lounging around on a nice day like this at UMASS.

Miss you!